Software and Scanner Setup
Adding Your Clinic Logo
- Click on Settings
- Go to Report Footer and select Image from the drop down
- Upload your clinic logo
- You may also choose to change the Home Screen logo from Footscan to your clinic logo (recommended)
- Select Change and upload
- Then Save
- Calibrating your plate once a week is recommended to maintain accuracy of the pressure values. This process only takes 2 minutes, and we suggest performing calibration every Monday morning.
- Click on Settings/Device/Calibration interval. You will be prompted to calibrate at the frequency you select.
Creating a Patient Record
- Go to Database and click Add
- Enter the patient’s data. The following information is required:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of birth
TIP: Use the remarks box to write down extra information about the patient, complaints they have, general issues, etc.
- You will see that the program offers you the option to enter the patient shoe size in EU, UK and US sizes.
- When you start the recording, the software defaults to UK sizing. This occurs because the software and scanners are from RSscan International/Materialise of Belgium; however, you can change the default to US and the conversion from and to US sizes will be completed automatically.
3D Scanner Preparation
- Before you scan your first patient, you need to perform a test scan.
- Once you have created a patient and click the Record button, you will be taken to the 3D Scan Window.
- In the lower right corner, you will see these settings. Set the scanning resolution to Normal.
- After the test scan, review the image. If you see scan artifacts (see images below) or receive an Error Message, you need to assess:
- The shade of the patient’s skin (light or dark) that you are scanning.
- If the skin is light, the Light Sensitivity should be LOW
- If the skin is dark, the Light Sensitivity should be HIGH
- Lighting in the room where you are performing the scan.
- Changing the position of the 3D canner may rectify the problem of scan artifacts.
Pressure Plate Preparation
- Position the Footscan plate so there is sufficient room to walk to and from the plate.
- Make sure the patient is looking straight ahead when they walk. They should not be looking down.
- Capture at least three recordings of each foot.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-353-4643